The Green Bay Packers are off to a great start this season! Sure, the last two games have been a little tough to watch, but nothing beats getting together with friends and family to cheer on the Pack.
From sweets to snacks, there are tons of ways to make festive football-themed food. Whether you’re hosting or attending a party for next week’s Packers game, below are a few recipes to make:
- Football Deviled Eggs: This recipe doesn’t get much easier! Simply make deviled eggs and top them with green onions to make the shape of the lacing on a football. To show some extra love for the Green Bay Packers, add a little food coloring to tint the eggs green.
- Tailgate Truffles: Who doesn’t love sweets, especially when they’re green and gold! These tailgate truffles only require three ingredients, but we bet they’ll become an instant favorite.
- Football Cheese Plate: Football and cheese…it doesn’t get much more Wisconsin than that! A cheese plate is generally a staple for any type of get together, so why not rearrange it into football form?
Make It Look Like Lambeau
For any themed party, it’s important to set the tone with decorations. Luckily, there are many cheap and DIY decoration options out there, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Football Field Food Table: Quickly convert any rectangular table into Lambeau Field with a green plastic table cloth and some white tape. This is a simple and inexpensive way to dress up your food table for game day.
- Lombardi Trophy Centerpiece: No, we don’t mean the real Lombardi Trophy, but you can make your own! With some silver spray paint, a football and a vase, you can create a centerpiece that makes a statement.
- Green & Gold Accessories: Incorporating team colors into the rest of your décor is a simple way to liven up your entertaining area. For example, green and yellow utensils or cups, or Packers plates or napkins are something small that make a big difference!
Create a Great Viewing Area
Everyone is over at your place to watch the game, so you want to be sure you create a comfortable seating area where everyone can see the TV. While there may not be enough couch space for all of your guests, floor pillows or folding chairs are good alternatives to keep guests comfy.