Are you interested in altering the style of your deck? You may be considering painting or staining it a new color or shade. Before you grab a brush, it’s important to learn about the pros and cons of each.
Pros of Staining & Painting Decks
Many homeowners choose to stain or paint their decks. This can completely alter the appearance of your deck. Some of the advantages of staining and painting decks include:
- Stain can change the color of your deck without losing the woodgrain pattern.
- Paint can help fill the cracks and blemishes of your wooden deck.
- There are so many shades of paint and stain to choose from.
Cons of Staining & Painting Decks
While it may seem like a good idea to stain or paint your deck, it may not work out as well as you thought it would. Painting and staining don’t always have a glamorous effect on your deck. Some of the problems with staining and painting decks include:
- Paint can make your deck more slippery when it gets wet.
- Certain shades of paint can make your deck look dirty or harness residue from shoeprints and dirt.
- Paint hides your deck’s natural, beautiful woodgrain pattern.
- Stain and paint need to be touched up with new coats every few years.
Contact Tundraland to learn more about the decks we install for homeowners. You won’t need to stain or paint a deck installed by Tundraland. Our composite decks are incredibly durable, stylish, and available in multiple colors to complement your home.