If you’re considering having a deck installed on your home, you’ll need to ensure that you are not only receiving the best material and color but also a pattern that you’ll love. Just like any other remodel or addition, decks can range from basic to elegant. It all depends on your specific design preferences.
Designing Your Deck With Gorgeous Patterns
Decks don’t have to just be practical; they can also be beautiful works of art. With the right pattern in place, you can gain a stunning entertaining space for your home. Below are just a few of the virtually limitless deck patterns to choose from.
- Framed: With deck framing, you can have your deck boards installed in any pattern, and with a picture-frame style along the outer edge for a classier look.
- Diagonal: For a fun yet stunning style, consider switching things up and going for a left or right diagonal deck style.
- Vertical: To show off the depth of your deck, vertical designs offer a style that gives the perception that your deck is extending farther from your home to your yard.
- Horizontal: Unlike a vertical design, a horizontal design helps you achieve the illusion of having an ultra-wide deck that seems to further extend across the side of your house.
- Pinstripe: Consider going against the grain with deck boards that are different sizes in width and mixing wide boards with narrow boards.
- Herringbone: One of the fancier decking patterns, herringbone will create a new level of elegance for your deck as it upgrades a traditional diagonal pattern with shorter boards going in opposite diagonal directions.
- Tile: For an elegant and unique design, consider having your deck boards laid out in tile formation. Tile design is achieved with “squares” of decking in which the boards are laid in different directions (vertical and horizontal).